1.1 Seed Money Pty Ltd (ACN 618638814) (referred to as ‘Company’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) is a company incorporated under the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia.
1.3 Personal Information may be collected by us and by our third party service providers who assist us in operating our website at seedmoney.co, including its subdomains and any other website we operate from time to time (collectively, the ‘Website’). The Website is a platform dedicated to the provision of information about startups and other opportunities, the hosting of related events and the provision of related services (‘Services’).
1.4 All natural persons or other entities who view or log on to this Website are considered users of this Website. For convenience, the users are referred to as ‘you’.
2 Personal Information
‘Personal Information’ is information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
4 Your consent
● You consent to the collection, use, storage and processing of your Personal Information through your use of this Website, your registration with this Website, and your use of the Services offered by us;
● You consent to our branches, affiliates and employees using your Personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, and that they may contact you in connection with our products and services that you may be interested in, now and in the future (unless you have indicated that you do not want to receive such information). You also consent to us sending you such information by means of direct mail, email, SMS and MMS messages.
5 Personal Information Collected
5.1 Personal Information we may collect about you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
● Name, postal or email address, telephone numbers and date of birth;
● Identity information such as driving licence, passport and visa details;
● Payment details, such as your credit card or bank account details;
● Your IP address, analytics and remarketing;
● Your location; and
● Any other information that we deem necessary.
5.2 If you are willing to use the services offered by this Website, you will be required to fill in and provide the following two categories of information:
● Identity Information
Such information can help us verify whether you are eligible to be registered as a member of this Website. It includes but is not limited to your name, residence address, mailing address, other certificates and corresponding numbers thereof that are issued by your country or government to certify your identity information, as well as all other information that can help us to verify your identity (‘identity information’).
● Service information
Such information helps us to contact you and provide you with the Services, including but not limited to your phone number, fax number, valid email address, mailing address, and information concerning your accounts (‘service information’).
5.3 When you use this Website or the Services, we may collect more information necessary in any manner that we consider as in compliance with relevant requirements, for the purpose of improving the functions of this Website, enhancing your experience of using this Website and its services as well as the security thereof, or as is required by any court order, any applicable law, administrative regulation or any order of any other competent government agency.
6 Information collected via our Website
6.1 We may use various technological methods from time to time to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing our Website, including but not limited to the methods set out in this paragraph.
6.2 When you visit our Website, we use third party cookies to record our performance and check the effect of online advertising. Cookies are a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer hard drive. Only when you use your computer to access our Website can the cookies be sent to your computer hard drive.
6.3 Cookies are usually used to record the habits and preferences of visitors in browsing the items on our Website. The information collected by cookies is non-registered and collective statistical data.
6.4 Cookies, which enable the Website or service provider system to recognize your browser and capture and recall information, cannot be used to obtain data on your hard drive, your email address, or your personal data. Most browsers are designed to accept cookies. You can opt to set your browser to reject cookies, or to notify you as soon as possible if you are loaded on cookies. However, if you set your browser to disable cookies, it is possible that you may not be able to launch or use some functions of our Website.
Third party content (eg social media links)
6.5 Some of the content on our Website includes applications made available by third parties, such as social media buttons or links that allow you to share content or links to our Website through the relevant third party platforms. These third party applications themselves may facilitate collection of information by those third parties, through your interaction with the applications and sometimes even if you do not interact directly with them. We are not responsible for the technical operation of these applications or the collection and use practices of the relevant third parties. Please visit the relevant third party websites to understand their privacy practices and options they may make available to you in relation to their collection of your Personal Information.
7 Use of Personal Information
7.1 We use the Personal Information we collect about you for our business functions and activities, in order to operate our business efficiently, and to market our products and services for the benefit of our customers.
7.2 We may collect, hold and use your information for the following purposes:
● to provide you with our Services through our Website;
● to provide you with information about our events, startups and other opportunities;
● to provide you with a newsletter and other communications;
● to identify and confirm your identity when you use our Website;
● to alert you of new products or services, features, or enhancements;
● to handle/route your customer service or technical support questions or issues;
● to notify you of promotions and offers;
● to help us manage our business operations;
● for business support purposes including maintenance, backup and audit;
● to improve our customer service - Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently;
● to collect and process payments - We may use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to provide services relating to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service; and
● to fulfil compliance requirements - We may use the information you provide in order to ensure that regulated companies which work with us are able to fulfil their obligations under legislation relating to money laundering, terrorist financing, and other forms of regulatory compliance. We only share this information with outside parties to the extent necessary to provide the service.
7.3 We reserve the right at all times to monitor, review, retain or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, but we have no obligation to monitor the use of the Website or to retain the content of any user session.
7.4 We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the Personal Information they need to deliver the service. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
8 Disclosure of your Personal Information
8.1 We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personal Information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any Personal Information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined below.
8.2 We may disclose your personal information to:
● Any of the Company’s internal divisions, business units or departments;
● Financial institutions, payment processors, and identity service providers with which we operate;
● Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, compliance, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your Personal Information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
● Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
o We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
o We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement; and
● Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
9 Third party websites
You may find advertising or other content on our Website that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
10 Overseas disclosures
10.1 Some of your Personal Information may be disclosed, transferred, stored, processed or used overseas by us, or by third party service providers. This may happen if:
● our offices or related entities are overseas;
● we outsource certain activities overseas;
● transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection; or
● our computer systems including IT servers are located overseas.
11.1 The Company will use your Personal Information for Direct Marketing purposes in accordance with paragraph 4.
11.2 If you do not want to receive marketing information from us, you can unsubscribe in any of the following ways:
● clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ or subscription preferences link in a direct marketing email that you have received from us; or
● contacting us using the contact details specified in paragraph 16.
12 Protection of Personal Information
12.1 We adopt appropriate electronic, management and technical measures so as to protect and safeguard the security of your personal data. We will, to the greatest extent possible, ensure that any Personal Information collected through our Website shall be free from being subject to nuisance by any third party unrelated to us. The security measures that we may take include but are not limited to:
● Electronic measures: The computer data that contains your Personal Information will be stored in computer systems and storage media that are subject to strict login restrictions.
● Management measures: only staff members duly authorised by us can access your Personal Information, and these staff members will comply with our internal code concerning Personal Information confidentiality.
● Technical measures: such encryption techniques as Secure Socket Layer Encryption may be used to convey your Personal Information.
● Other measures: our network servers are protected by proper ‘firewall ‘.
12.2 If you are aware of any security flaws in our Website, please contact us immediately so that we can take appropriate action as soon as possible.
12.3 Despite of the above-mentioned technical and security measures, we cannot guarantee that information transmitted via the Internet is absolutely safe, so we cannot absolutely guarantee that the Personal Information that you provide to us through our Website will be safe at all times. We will not be held liable for any loss or damage arising from or caused by any event that may occur in connection with unauthorised access to your personal data, and we shall not be held liable for compensation for such loss or damage.
12.4 If we find that we no longer require or have no further need for your Personal Information, we may de-identify it or remove it from our systems and destroy all record of it.
14 Deactivating your account
16 Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
16.1 You are generally entitled to access Personal Information that we hold about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, in ordinary circumstances we will give you full access to your Personal Information. Depending on the nature of the request, we may charge for providing access to this information, however such charge will not be excessive. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal where we are required by law to give those reasons.
16.2 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested, and properly update the information provided to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
16.3 If you have any requests, comments or complaints, please contact our Privacy Officer in any of the following ways:
● Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Mailing Address: Level 4 11 York St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
16.4 We will not bear any liability for your failure to use our correct contact information.
16.5 We only publish announcements and information on the basis of the valid and effective contact information on this Website or post announcements on this Website; therefore, we shall not be held liable for any loss arising from your trust in the information that has not been obtained through the above-mentioned means.